For artists who perform in real time, the pandemic has brought its own set of challenges. Actors, comedians, artists and musicians of all genres have moved to virtual performances.
“City Lights” host Lois Reitzes spoke via Zoom with pianists Will Ransom and Julie Coucheron. They’ll perform in another online “Chamber Music Extravaganza” on Aug. 9 from the sanctuary of First Presbyterian Church in Atlanta.
The program’s highlights:
- Music by Hungarian composer, Ernst von Dohnanyi
- Brahms piano trio in B major
- Schumann romance for viola and piano
- Mozart symphony no. 40
- Beethoven symphony no. 7 arranged for piano 4 hands
- Dvorak Piano Quintet in A, Op. 81 – 4th movement
- Josef Rheinberger: Suite in C minor Op 149 for organ, violin and cello