Tuesday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott”:
- 0:00: Rose Scott gives a news brief on President Trump’s decision to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, DACA. Also MARTA General Manager and CEO, Keith Parker, steps down from his post.
- 2:21: For our series on affordable housing, Rose Scott speaks to BeltLine visionary, Ryan Gravel, who is leading a workshop at Georgia Tech focused on Buford Highway. Gravel talks about the project and his new nonprofit, Generator.
- 21:02: At a much-awaited press briefing, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said DACA will be rescinded. Charles Kuck, immigration lawyer and professor at Emory University School of Law, explains the implications for Georgia students under DACA.
- 37: 35: WABE’s Tasnim Shamma reports on a campaign created by Grant Park residents to oppose the size of a proposed parking deck. Residents are concerned about the more than 131 historic trees the city of Atlanta will have to cut down for the project.
- 39:13: A local nonprofit, Vibha, serves underprivileged children in India. Vibha secretary, Vijay Vemulapalli, talks about the nonprofit’s mission.
Like us on Facebook