Tuesday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott”:
- 0:00: Rose Scott gives a news brief on recovery efforts across the state following after Hurricane- turned-Tropical Storm Irma hit Georgia.
- 5:48: More than one million people were without power as tropical storm Irma hit Georgia, we get an update from Georgia Power spokeswoman Adrienne Tickle.
- 9:13: A look at the latest on flight travel at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport spokesperson, Andrew Gobeil, explains when flights will resume.
- 16:40: The personal information of 143 million Americans has been exposed to hackers through a data breach with credit reporting agency, Equifax. Roy Hadley Jr., a cybersecurity expert and attorney weighs in. Also joining the conversation, Tom Smith, an economist and professor at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School.
- 38:36: As Tropical Storm Irma hit, many stayed home due to safety concerns, including the local nonprofit, Open Hand, which prepares and delivers, 5,000 meals per day to Atlantans in need. It closed its doors yesterday, but today they are open as Kari Morrison, director of volunteer services at Open Hand explains.
- 44:05: Residents Stephen Perras and Zack Raby talk about their efforts to help their neighbors impacted by tropical storm Irma. Perras and Raby are part of a group of residents who have helped remove tree debris, and patch up leaky homes following the storm.
Like us on Facebook