Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
This position is primarily responsible for the administrative needs and the operational support functions of the Community Engagement and Education leads within the Marketing department. This position is critical for the upkeep, planning and coordination of the SVP’s calendar and scheduling. This position is also critical for executing the marketing tactics for branding initiatives, podcasts, radio, tv and digital programming priorities (brand or program specific).
- Support the coordination of personnel, commercial vendors, and contractors to implement special events and outreach programs, such as live panels, virtual conversations, screenings, festivals, networking and other events.
- Execute and facilitate all logistical aspects of PBA events and community outreach and partner programs, such as venue selection, event registration, audiovisual technical coordination, event staffing and onsite management.
- Create and manage Community Engagement and Education events and program timelines and budgets.
- Serve as the lead for the coordination and execution of information booths at internal and external community and partnership events.
- Provide support across the company in the development and design of event materials such as programs, invitations, and briefings.
- Support the development of event and community outreach marketing plans.
- Negotiate with vendors and coordinate with partners, sponsors and talent, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Calm in the face of pressure.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and with external audiences and partners.
- A positive attitude, strong attention to detail and possesses excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is required.
- Minimum 0-2 years events, community relations, and/or production experience; event production experience highly preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org