Tuesday on “City Lights with Lois Reitzes”:
- 1:19: The play “Becoming Nancy” is set in 1979 and tells the story of a high school boy cast to star as the character Nancy in his school’s production of “Oliver.” Lois Reitzes talks with Tony award-winning director and choreographer Jerry Mitchell about the production, which will have its world premiere at the Alliance Theatre on Sept. 6.
- 18:28: Producer Ryan McFadin speaks with artist Muhammad Yungai about his murals, which can be seen around the Atlanta area.
- 24:18: The High Museum of Art’s “Of Origins and Belonging, Drawn from Atlanta” exhibition is currently on display. Artist, advocate, and activist Jessica Caldas talks about the exhibit with City Lights sr. producer Claire Reynolds.
- 28:40: Comedian and actor Chris Gethard sits down with Reitzes to talk about his podcast, working in comedy, and how experiencing depression and anxiety has influenced his work.
- 48:06: Producer Summer Evans heads to SunTrust Park to sample their latest stadium food creation, the Blooper Burger.