Friday on “City Lights with Lois Reitzes”:
- 1:01: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra guest conductor Miguel Harth-Bedoya joins Lois Reitzes in the studio to discuss the piece he’ll be conducting this weekend: Jimmy López’s Afro-Peruvian composition “Perú Negro”;
- 21:32: Myke Johns remembers Alabama-based artist Thornton Dial, who died this week at the age of 87;
- 24:37: Elizabeth Anderson, bookseller at Charis Books & More, recommends a book from last year which quickly became one of her absolute favorites;
- 29:47: Gabbie Watts speaks with the director and curator of the exhibit “Black Chronicles II” at the Spelman College Museum of Fine Art, which focuses on photographs of black Victorians;
- 42:19: Contributor Mara Davis joins host emeritus Steve Goss to preview Atlanta’s upcoming concert calendar.