Thursday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress”:
- 0:00: Jim Burress and Rose Scott provide a news brief about Barnes & Noble, Inc. Founder and CEO Leonard Riggio’s $1 million gift to Spelman College;
- 01:19: Teri Plummer McClure, a top executive at Atlanta-based UPS, talks about her work with the Task Force for Global Health on eliminating trachoma, a blinding eye infection seen mostly in Africa;
- 18:30: Producer Eboni Lemon visits and profiles the Atlanta Police Department’s “Millennial Leaders Citizen Police Academy”;
- 24:51: Dr. Ford Vox and Jim Burress present this week’s “Medical Minute” segment with a look at why acetaminophen — the active ingredient in Tylenol — could contribute to hearing loss;
- 29:36: Listeners and PBA employees — including Rose and Jim — reflect on the big toy gifts they got when they were young;
- 34:42: Andy Miller, editor of Georgia Health News, talks with Jim Burress and Rose Scott about the big healthcare-related stories of 2016, as well as what to expect in the coming year.