Monday, April, 6, 2020 on “Closer Look with Rose Scott:”
- 00:00: Rose Scott reports on the current number of confirmed COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths in Georgia as of noon today.
- Meanwhile, on Sunday, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced the members of a new coronavirus task force committee.
- And, the Governor’s office also recently announced Albany State University will provide temporary housing for traveling nurses working at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital.
- And finally, the family of civil rights leader Reverend Joseph Lowery gathered for a small, private funeral in Atlanta on Saturday.
- 03:00: Jim Reese, president and CEO of Atlanta Mission, joins “Closer Look” by phone to share how his organization is working to stop and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among Atlanta’s homeless population.
- 20:38: Roz Tucker, managing director of the Atlanta Regional Commission’s Mobility Services Group, Georgia Commute Options, recently joined “Closer Look” via Skype to discuss how the coronavirus pandemic is changing the way we work, and to share some tips and resources for teleworking. Today, we revisit that conversation.
- 38:37: Braxton Chadwick, a high school senior at King’s Ridge Christian School, recently started his own campaign to deliver flowers to local senior living facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic. He joins “Closer Look” by Zoom today to tell us more about how he founded the “Bloom To A Room” campaign.
“Closer Look” is produced by Candace Wheeler, Grace Walker and LaShawn Hudson.