Thursday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress”:
- 0:00: Haywood Talcove, CEO of the government division of LexisNexis Risk Solutions, talks about what big data is and how it is used;
- 15:40: Gospel and R&B musician BeBe Winans discusses his musical “Born for This: The BeBe Winans Story,” which will be running at the Alliance Theater from April 13 to May 15;
- 28:07: Dr. Ford Vox talks about the merits and problems of health monitoring apps in this week’s “Medical Minute”;
- 32:55: Director and producer Fran Burst Terranella discusses her achievements and experience breaking into an industry dominated by men;
- 42:56: In a rebroadcast from WABE’s series “Advance Atlanta: Education,” Michell Eloy reports on one after-school program that has been helping kids in Atlanta for nearly two decades;
- 47:23: Dr. James Lah, neurobiologist and associate professor of neurology at the Emory School of Medicine, and Dr. Michele Marcus, professor of epidemiology in the Rollins School of Public Health, discuss a new study on aging and age-related diseases that hopes to enroll 100,000 people over the next four years.