Monday, March 23, 2020 on “Closer Look with Rose Scott:”
- 00:00: Rose Scott reports on the latest number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia.
- Meanwhile, DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond declared a state of emergency in his county this morning.
- Finally, Atlanta City Hall is officially now closed to the public and city employees. The city says this will delay permitting, plan reviews and inspection services. Atlanta City Council President Felicia Moore joins “Closer Look” by phone to discuss this, and when and if the city will implement additional coronavirus restrictions.
- 08:29: Back in 2017, Phi Nguyen and Kavi Vu started a web series with one major goal: to increase civic engagement among Georgia’s Asian American and Pacific Islander community. They called the project, “Wake Up Atlanta.” Today, Nguyen and Vu join “Closer Look” by phone to discuss their organization’s growth and if Georgia’s new presidential primary date could impact Asian American voter turnout.
- 25:30: Jeff Chapman, director of State Fiscal Health for The Pew Charitable Trusts, joins “Closer Look” by phone to discuss the impact COVID-19 could have on the state’s budget.
- 33:29: We revisit Friday’s conversation with Reverend Dr. Deborah Silver, vice president of Crossings Counseling Center, Incorporated and director of Safe Church, Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta, who joined “Closer Look” by phone to talk about how COVID-19 is impacting the faith community.
“Closer Look” is produced by Candace Wheeler, Grace Walker and LaShawn Hudson.