Thursday, February 12, 2020 on “Closer Look with Rose Scott:”
- 00:00: Today’s program is part of an ongoing series called, “Coffee Conversations with Rose Scott.” On this edition of the series, we head to Buteco Coffee & Bar, located in Atlanta’s Grant Park neighborhood.
- We begin with a conversation with Rafa Pereira, owner of Buteco Coffee & Bar. Pereira shares why he chose the Grant Park neighborhood, his background as a musician, and his biggest takeaways as a business owner.
- 11:49: Next, we hear from Philippe Pellerin, Principal of Pellerin Real Estate, and the manager of The Beacon Atlanta. Pellerin and “Closer Look” host Rose Scott discuss his approach to development and how the idea for the Beacon was conceived.
- 25:04: Nearby business owners Kathryn DiMenichi, co-owner of Third Street Goods and The Cardinal and Marguerite Diaz, owner of Marguerite’s Jerk Bistro, join “Closer Look” at Buteco for a conversation about what the unique benefits and challenges to operating in the Grant Park Neighborhood.
- 38:16: This edition of “Coffee Conversations with Rose Scott” concludes with House in the Park Founder Ramon Guyton and DJs Kai Alce, Salah Ananse and DJ Kemit. They share how House in the Park transformed from a yearly event to a staple in the Atlanta music scene and a “movement.”
Closer Look is produced by Candace Wheeler, Grace Walker and LaShawn Hudson