Thursday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott”:
- Today’s edition of Closer Look with Rose Scott is part of an ongoing series called, Coffee Conversations with Rose Scott. We continue the series today at Taproom Coffee in Kirkwood.
- 0:00: We kick off this edition of ‘Coffee Conversations with Rose Scott’ at Taproom Coffee in Kirkwood with a conversation with the businesses’ founders, Jonathan and Sarah Pascual. They share why they chose to start their business and explain the ins and outs of the specialty coffee business.
- 16:15: Stan Sugarman, president of the Kirkwood Neighbors Organization and Justin Schaeffer with Kirkwood Cares, a committee within the KNO that repairs the homes in low-income residents, discuss Kirkwood’s history, the neighborhood’s struggles gentrification and their vision for the preserving the homes of longtime residents in their community.
- 36:14: Sagdrina Jalal, executive director of the Georgia Farmers Market Association talks about the work the nonprofit is doing in the Kirkwood neighborhood. and metro Atlanta. Since moving to Kirkwood the organization has worked with local churches to reach elderly residents in Kirkwood, who she says are at risk for food insecurity.
- 47:13: Each month, Taproom features different artists’ work on the walls of the coffee shop. Stephen Czarnecki is the featured artists for August. He sits down with Closer Look for a conversation about his artistic process and inspiration.
Closer Look is Candace Wheeler and Grace Walker. Joy Barge is a contributing producer.