Wednesday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress”:
- 0:00: Rose Scott and Jim Burress talk about long-time MARTA employee, Sam Smith, retiring from the transit agency after 50 years, and give a news brief on Georgia’s Public Service Commission approving a deal with Georgia Power to cover the costs of building two nuclear units at Plant Vogtle;
- 1:42: The Morehouse School of Medicine, Emory University and Tech Square Labs have come together to create a mobile health platform. To create the app, researchers are enlisting the help of young people. Dr. Gari Clifford from the Emory University School of Medicine and Corey Shaw, a participant in the program, talk about collecting health data and how it can improve people’s lives;
- 20:20: Rose Scott goes inside the MARTA holiday gift shop to learn how the transit agency is helping families provide toys at Christmas;
- 30:01: WABE’s Tasnim Shamma reports on the city of Atlanta’s launch of an app for the streetcar to increase ridership and the number of people paying for rides;
- 36:36: Researchers say the average person consumes 7,000 calories on Christmas Day. Dietician Rahaf Al-Bochi talks about how to avoid weight gain during the holiday.