Friday, Dec. 13, 2019 on “Closer Look with Rose Scott:”
- 0:00: Rose Scott gives a news brief the House Judiciary Committee approving two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
- And, in other news, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency for Fulton County this morning.
- Also, three area schools were placed on lockdown this morning following a shooting at a Conyers manufacturing facility this morning.
- Finally, in other news, the Atlanta Region Transit Link Authority voted to approve a $27 billion transit plan this morning.
- 7:23: Political analyst Fred Hicks joins “Closer Look” in studio to weigh in on the upcoming Democratic presidential debate.
- 34:47: Southern states lead the nation in the highest rate of new HIV diagnoses. Jeff Cheek, director of the Fulton Department for HIV Elimination, discusses local efforts to prevent new cases.
Closer Look is produced by Candace Wheeler and Grace Walker. Joy Barge is a contributing producer.