Friday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress”:
- 0:00: Medical reporter and author Mike King discusses his new book “A Spirit of Charity: Restoring the Bond Between America and its Public Hospitals.” He profiles Atlanta’s Grady Memorial Hospital and four other large public hospitals in Chicago, Dallas, Miami and New Orleans;
- 16:55: Michell Eloy wraps up her opioid epidemic series with a look at how it’s affecting the children of people struggling with addiction;
- 22:03: Rose Scott gives news of Emory University’s Board of Trustees announcing that provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Claire E. Sterk will be the school’s new incoming president;
- 22:29: Rahaf Al-Bochi, licensed dietitian with Olive Tree Nutrition, talks about how to stay healthy while fasting during Ramadan;
- 29:44: Medical analyst Dr. Ford Vox explains why he signed a letter asking the World Health Organization to postpone or move the Olympic Games out of Rio de Janeiro because of the threat of the Zika virus.