Thursday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress”:
- 0:00: Rose Scott and Jim Burress give news briefs on a line of thunderstorms that will move though Peachtree City, President Trump’s agreement not to terminate NAFTA at this time, and Gov. Nathan Deal’s signing of legislation allowing the state to takeover struggling schools;
- 3:02: Incoming Georgia State student Alex Myers and Dr. Timothy Renick, GSU’s vice president for enrollment and student success, discuss a new partnership which awards 50 full-ride State Farm Scholarships annually to deserving students attending Perimeter College;
- 18:26: Nathaniel Smith, chairman of the Atlanta Board of Education’s affordable housing task force and founder and chief equity officer for the Atlanta-based Partnership for Southern Equity, speaks to “Closer Look” as part of the program’s affordable housing series;
- 28:36: Scott and Burress report breaking news that a Fulton County grand jury has returned an indictment charging Claud “Tex” McIver III with malice, murder and six other counts in the Sept. 25, 2016 shooting death of his wife, Diane McIver;
- 29:48: R. T. Stanley, a well-known Vidalia onion grower, talks about the 25th anniversary of the Vidalia onion trademark and the onion’s history in Georgia.
Like us on Facebook