Short Form Video Editor
WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Short Form Video Editor
WABE’s Multiplatform team is looking for a strong digital editor who understands and meets tight deadlines while creating videos within a collaborative production-oriented team environment. The position is a short-form video editor with the ability to edit video and create motion graphics across multiple video content projects including broadcast and digital videos, social content, promotional sales and marketing videos, and event-specific content. As part of working on the multiplatform team, this position will be responsible for editing timely and news-focused video with short turn-around times to build an ongoing video content late of short-form programs and features. The Ideal candidate must have extensive experience in news editing or another quick-turnaround environment, understand how to source b-roll, identify noteworthy soundbites, select music and cut to approved scripts.
- Edit video content using Adobe CC Premiere and/or AVID Media Composer
- Use Adobe After Effects to design and produce motion graphics for on-air features and short-form content
- Meet daily digital and broadcast deadlines
- Collaborate with the editors, producers and management on new content
- Maintain post equipment, hard drives and facilities
- Other duties as assigned by station management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Mass Communication or Film/TV or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years industry experience.
- Be a self-starter who can thrive independently and contribute/excel within a team environment
- Through knowledge of MAC and PC platforms
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and AVID Media Composer
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills
- Creative outside-the-box thinker who understands current video production trends
- Flexibility in stressful situations with the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at once
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A hands-on learner that is creative and competent
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple time sensitive projects at the same time
- Enthusiastic and passionate about post-production
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 20 lbs.), filing documents, recording equipment, laptop, or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Candidates must be willing and able to commute to work and in the field sites.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org