Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non‐profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM and ATL PBA. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
PBA is looking for a Mid‐level Giving Fundraiser at the Manager level to oversee stewardship of midlevel giving and drive outreach, cultivation, and fundraising initiatives to create a pipeline for major gifts. The position will be responsible for researching donor profiles, crafting and sending targeted donor communications, and developing and executing fundraising strategies to attract new donors and increase mid‐level donor contribution levels. The manager will be effective at cross‐functional collaboration and will be at ease contributing to and executing strategies generated by a leadership group within the development and marketing department.
The successful candidate will have a proven fundraising track record, a range of skill sets including oral and written communications, email marketing, knowledge of donor research/systems, donor cultivation strategies and CRM expertise. Familiarity with mid‐level and major gifts giving, public media fundraising and/or accounting skills also highly desirable.
- Working under the supervision of the Major Gifts Officer, this position will drive growth of midlevel donor contributions within the current donor base through a range of strategies, ultimately intended to build a strong pipeline for major gifts giving.
- Conduct donor research designed to build profiles of donors and strategies to cultivate donor file segments based on wealth and affinity interests.
- Work with senior staff of the development and marketing department to achieve key cultivation and growth metrics for annual sustainers, using “Moves Management” strategies to continuously move donors toward higher giving ranges.
- Develop written materials, outreach strategies, and campaign elements for outreach to mid‐level donor contributors, coordinating as needed with the digital team for creative inputs, data, or other elements.
- Generate communications using email marketing software and coordinate among key team contacts for review and approval.
- Contribute to and help execute broader development team email strategy and provide support direct mail content review.
- Coordinate closely with the operations team to develop target donor lists and campaigns and help with trouble‐shooting related to individual donor accounts for mid‐level donors.
- Contribute to on‐air member drive efforts by driving strategies to promote mid‐level giving increases and support broader team mobilization, including copy editing, trouble‐shooting, and drafting/editing email communications.
- Monitor public media giving trends and attend webinars, educational sessions on fundraising, or conferences to identify effective new fundraising approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or additional fundraising training desirable.
- 2‐3 years fundraising and donor cultivation experience with proven results.
- Ability to devise and execute strategies and team pans with minimal oversight and to drive execution with team peers across boundaries.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (with peers and donors) are a must.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience with donor research and CRM systems and show experience/aptitude to work with complex operational systems.
- Experience developing and executing email marketing products and campaigns.
- Candidate must be self‐motivated and demonstrate initiative and be a strong team player.
- Experience in public media fundraising and/or digital creative skills desirable.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off‐site in accordance with station policy on off‐site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off‐site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events.