WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
WABE is seeking an experienced creative, entrepreneurial audio producer with an experimental and/or creative mindset to help produce, pilot, and launch new podcasts, as well as manage our existing portfolio.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Producer will work with WABE’s Director of Podcasting to manage the organization’s podcasting slate, including its development of a podcast network for Atlanta. Among the duties of the position are:
- Managing production of select WABE podcasts from inception through delivery and post-publishing assessment (pre-production, content writing, content collection, production, post-production, publishing, review)
- Coordinating WABE’s production process and scheduling for podcasts, helping make key production decisions in adherence to the organization’s content strategy.
- Assisting the Director of Podcasting with conceptualizing and piloting show ideas, segments, and formats.
- Helping to project manage the WABE podcast portfolio, working closely with hosts and editorial teams on show formats, oversee assignments and deliverables in accordance with the department’s production schedule.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Necessary Experience and Requirements
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ear for compelling and impactful storytelling
- Track record in crafting editorial arc of episodes, inventive approaches to audio production, ear for sound gathering and strong tape editing.
- Strong editorial judgment and the ability to produce compelling, thoughtful, and thought-provoking podcasts
- Proficiency in audio production, scripting and editing skills, and strong understanding of audio hardware, software, and facilities
- A deep understanding of the level of production appropriate for each segment, and how to use tape, sound design, and other audio assets to create the right emotional texture
- Detail-oriented and functions well under deadline pressure
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- A passion for podcasting, an understanding of WABE’s mission, and ideas on how to leverage its editorial direction into the world of audio
- Four-year college degree in communications or other applicable field preferred; equivalent experience in the field of radio/podcast production can be considered.
- Willingness to work in a collegial and respectful manner to enhance a team-based atmosphere, utilizing effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to work in a multi-platform operation.
- Ease in working under deadline pressure.
- Ability to think and plan strategically, solve problems, and take direction as required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 10 lbs.), filing documents, climbing, storing equipment, and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.
For consideration, submit resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org