Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
The Senior Community Engagement Manager is responsible for managing brand and community partnerships and events for PBA. The role’s work enhances the PBA brand and its platforms by owning event and partnership management across all market segments, including maintaining strong relationships with vendors, civic and cultural organizations, volunteers, and community partners. The Sr Manager works within the marketing department and supports other internal stakeholders on event strategy, planning, and execution, as needed, making strong relationships and collaboration with other functional partners key.
- Plays a critical role in the design and implementation of a successful community engagement strategy that aligns with Marketing, and overall PBA, strategies and KPIs.
- Coordinates, manages, and plans for PBA’s participation in outside community events, festivals, and activities that enhance visibility and help meet organizational goals around community engagement and brand awareness.
- Manages all PBA brand events across all stages—strategy, planning, execution, wrap, and reporting.
- Collaborates with Content, Membership, Underwriting and Revenue Development on the planning and execution of their strategic events (donor events, underwriting events, media
partnership events, etc.), including logistics (e.g., site visits and prep; volunteer coordination) and marketing support.
- Assists SVP of Marketing and Communications in creating, sustaining, and executing community partnerships in alignment with PBA’s strategy, mission, and vision.
- Coordinates participation of key staff at the company- and community functions designed to build effective community relationships.
- Ensure all PBA volunteers have a rewarding experience and receive follow-up communication to build strong long-term relationships.
- Serve (as directed) as spokesperson to represent the organization at community events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills as it relates to events planning and community outreach.
- Enjoyment in generating ideas, working hard, participating in a team environment.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective and collaborative supervisory and collegial working relationships.
- Transportation and ability to travel to off-site meetings.
- Ability to work flex schedule, when necessary, and available for occasional evening and weekend work hours.
- Professional appearance, positive attitude, energetic and self-directed.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5-7 years of professional and applicable experience.
- Community involvement, event management, non-profit, and/or related industry experience is a plus.
- Background in community relations, marketing, events, and/or public relations, preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Comfort with EventBrite, MailChimp, Click Up (or similar event management tools).
- Familiarity with e-mail, e-letter and social media marketing tactics and measurements.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org