Charitable IRA Rollover
If you are 70½ or older and own an IRA or Roth IRA, a charitable rollover may be right for you. You can make a big difference at PBA and reap the advantages of making a gift from your traditional or Roth IRA, known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution or Charitable Rollover.
Benefits of a Charitable Rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to PBA
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Make an impactful gift to support the programming and mission of PBA
How to support PBA with a Charitable Rollover
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to PBA
- Request that your IRA manager include your contact information with the check. Your IRA manager cannot identify your gift to PBA without your permission.
- Your charitable IRA rollover gift should be transferred to PBA directly. Our formal business name and mailing address is included below:
Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
Attn: Melissa Bauer
740 Bismark Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Please let us know to expect your charitable rollover gift by contacting Melissa Bauer at 678-553-2911 or email@example.com. Include the name of your IRA provider, the amount of your gift and any special instructions you may have.
- Charitable Rollover does not qualify as a charitable deduction.
- The only benefits permissible from a charitable rollover gift are those that would not reduce the tax deduction for which the donor would have otherwise qualified (No thank you gifts with a fair market value).
- It is the donor’s responsibility to ensure the charitable rollover comply with IRS rules.
- A charitable rollover gift may count towards giving circle membership such as the PBA Cornerstone Society.
- Consult with your tax professional to decide if a charitable rollover gift is right for you.
If you have any questions about supporting PBA with a charitable rollover gift, please contact Melissa Bauer at 678-553-2911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.