PBA is looking for a Producer/Editor (Preditor) to support the creation of the original content of ATL PBA. Producer/Editor will produce, shoot, write and edit high impact local short and long form video pieces, as well as production and editing of underwriting and promotional elements for PBA’s TV and Digital properties.
Producer/Editor must be able to multi-task and work a flexible schedule based on project and station needs.
The ideal candidates are possess a great eye and good content judgement, ability to think creatively and are crafty problem solvers.
- Working under the supervision of the Director of TV, this role will serve as an in-house producer for video content that supports PBA’s Underwriting, Digital, Radio and Marketing teams.
- Creatively pitch ideas that are aligned with the programmatic direction and demographic focus of the station.
- Ideate, develop and produce video content while actively analyzing risk, strategy and contingency for the project lifecycle.
- Produce, Shoot and Edit short-form content that is intended for web or TV.
- Liaise with PBA departments to gather assets, timeline and story needs for each piece.
- Proactively pitch ideas and talent related to short-form and original series to the Director of TV.
- Assist Director of TV and Senior Producer with research, writing and shooting development sizzles for original series development.
- Working under the supervisions of the Senior Producer, this role will also support ad hoc production needs.
- Edit high quality and visually impactful videos under deadline pressure.
- Write in an exciting, captivating, authentic manner and create unique video pieces.
- Candidate should be comfortable making creative decisions on the fly and producing interesting and well executed features without a lot of equipment or help.
- Knows the ‘heartbeat and hustle’ of Atlanta as well as the key players of the city.
- Writes compelling copy and delivers timely scripts for the recording of monthly radio promos.
- Effectively communicate with producers, editors and management.
- Must be self-motivated with a can do attitude to make a project work.
- Sometimes shooting at night or at the weekend is needed.
- Keeps current with the latest trends in production and in the digital space, including social media and emerging technology.
- Attend all weekly department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5-6 years of production and editing experience, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- BA/BS in Communications, Television or Film, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a strong demo reel that shows their creative storytelling ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must have excellent editing skills and the ability to produce, shoot and edit (short-form or long-form) a project from start to finish effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Strong writing skills and know how to tell stories with natural sound or narration.
- Television series, Documentary, Commercial or Corporate video experience preferred.
- Strong Editor
- Ability to work in AfterEffects preferred, not required.
- Candidate should have knowledge of digital media platforms and a sense of how broadcast segments can also fit into a digital environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required (up to 15lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Please send resume, cover letter and demos to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Click here to apply online.