This May, “Live From Woodruff Park” series will have its official debut. Last year, the park held both concerts and movies in the park, but this will be the first concert-only event.
They partnered with the Atlanta Jazz Festival’s “31 Days of Jazz program” to bring this weekly series to the park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be food for purchase, but people are welcome to bring picnic baskets, blankets, chairs, and dogs on leashes. This is a great place to unwind after work and hear live music from 5-8 p.m. every Wednesday evening in May.
Producer Myke Johns sat down with Ansley Whipple, Woodruff Park’s project manager and Atlanta singer-songwriter Ruby Velle to discuss the series. Ruby Velle brought her guitarist from The Soulphonics, Scott Clayton, to perform in studio.
Live from Woodruff Park At-a-Glance Schedule:
• Wednesday, May 1, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Gritz and Jelly Butter
• Wednesday, May 8, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Beverly Watkins
• Wednesday, May 15, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Brenda Nicole Moorer
• Wednesday, May 22, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Churchill Grounds Quartet
• Wednesday, May 29, 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Ruby Velle & the Trio