Friday on “Closer Look with Rose Scott and Jim Burress”:
- 0:00: Rose and Jim give a news briefs on Vice President Mike Pence in Marietta, where he met with airmen, service members and their families at Dobbins Air Reserve Base; Reality Leigh Winner, charged with leaking top classified information to a news outlet, who will remain in detention; and the State Bar of Georgia being expeted to issue a formal reprimand of state House Speaker David Ralston;
- 1:59: Scott Ryan Presler, of ACT for America, and Edward Ahmed Mitchell, executive director of the CAIR-Georgia, chat about nationwide marches planned tomorrow in various U.S. cities in what organizers call a support of basic human rights for all;
- 9:59: Richard DeMillo, of Georgia Tech and the Exec. Director of the Center for 21st Century Universities, talks about how the state’s system fails basic IT standards. A coalition is suing Georgia’s Sec. of State’s office claiming Georgia’s voting machines are unsafe;
- 22:30: Dr. Tom Frieden, former director of the CDC talks about the opioid epidemic nationally and here in Georgia. Drug overdoses are now the leading cause of death among Americans under 50, that’s according to a recent NY Times report, which looked at preliminary CDC data;
- 36:02: Indie Pop singer Chelsea Shag returns to Closer Look as we kick off our summer Indie Music Series. We catch up with her about learn about her new projects.
Like us on Facebook