On Tuesday, March 30, at 7 p.m., WABE held a virtual community conversation hosted by reporter Lisa Hagen with leaders from Atlanta’s AAPI community including:
- Stephanie Cho, executive director at Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta
- Andrew Chang, PBA executive board member
- BJay Pak, partner at Alston and Bird & former U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Georgia
- Marian Liou, community engagement manager for Atlanta Regional Council and founder of We Love BuHi
- Prisca Kim, social justice advocate and Atlanta native
The panelists reflected on the March 16 shootings, contributing causes and implications for the greater Atlanta community at large after a year that has seen a steep rise in violence and crimes against Asians and Asian-Americans nationwide.