Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
The Development Intern will assist in activities related to operations, facilities, and general department duties within the Development Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in researching current donors.
- Assist with mailings and segmentation of lists.
- Assist with certain donor events and engagements.
- Manage reports and Excel sheets to track business activities.
- Draft and proofread text for donor communications, proposals and reports.
Qualifications/Work Experience Requirements:
In pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate Degree in one of the following areas: Business Management, Non-Profit Management, Policy, Planning and Development or related field.
Candidate Should Possess the Following Skills:
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Be team-oriented and have the ability to take/execute directions well.
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of WABE and ATL PBA.
- Experience or interest in fundraising.
- Flexibility and capacity to multi-task and the ability to prioritize across multiple projects.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word & Excel, Google apps, database).
- Be able to provide a minimum of a 3-month commitment and able to dedicate 10-20 hours/wk to our organization.
Availability and Reporting:
10-20 hours a week. Ability to remotely join at least one team meeting per week (Tuesday or Friday morning) and access to reliable wifi in order to telework. Reports to Grants and Foundations Director.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.