Guide To Atlanta’s Mayoral And City Council Runoff Elections
Runoff elections for Atlanta mayor and City Council will be held Dec. 5.
Atlantans will be voting for a new mayor, City Council president and City Council representatives for Districts 4 and 9. The City of Atlanta says polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Below are the candidates who are running for these offices as well as early voting information for DeKalb and Fulton counties.
Mayor of Atlanta
Two Council members will face each other in the runoff Dec. 5.
- Keisha Lance Bottoms won 27 percent of the vote on Nov. 7.
- Mary Norwood won 21 percent of the vote.
City Council President
According to Atlanta’s City Council website, the City Council president can take on mayoral responsibilities if there is a vacancy in that office or a disability of the mayor. He or she is to preside at all city council meetings and vote in the case of a tie.
Three Council members ran for the position this year. Alex Wan and Felicia Moore will face each other in the runoff.
- Wan took 38 percent of the votes on Nov. 7.
- Moore took 35 percent.
City Council District 4
Incumbent Cleta Winslow is facing Jason Dozier for the City Council District 4 seat.
City Council District 9
City Council President Candidate Felicia Moore has represented District 9 for five terms, according to her bio on the City Council website. Kwame Abernathy and Dustin Hillis are running for her seat and will face each other in the runoffs Dec. 5.
In Fulton County, early voting opens Nov. 27 through Dec. 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. There are 18 voting locations, according to Fulton County’s website:
- Adam’s Park Library: 2231 Campbellton Road SW, Atlanta, Ga. 30311
- Adamsville Recreation Center: 3201 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive SW, Atlanta, Ga. 30311
- Buckhead Library: 269 Buckhead Ave. NE, Atlanta, Ga., 30305
- Fulton County Government Center: 130 Peachtree St. SW, Atlanta, Ga., 30303
- Northside Library: 3295 Northside Parkway NW, Atlanta, Ga. 30327
- Northwest Branch at Scotts Crossing: 2489 Perry Blvd. NW, Atlanta, Ga. 30318
- Ponce De Leon Library: 980 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE, Atlanta Ga., 30306
- Louise Watley Library at Southeast Atlanta: 1463 Pryor Road SW, Atlanta, Ga. 30315
- Southwest Arts Center: 915 New Hope Road SW, Atlanta, Ga., 30331
- Wolf Creek Library: 3100 Enon Road SW, Atlanta, Ga. 30331
- College Park Library: 3647 Main St., College Park, Ga. 30337
- South Fulton Service Center: 5600 Stonewall Tell Road, College Park, Ga. 30349
- East Point Library: 2757 Main St., East Point Ga. 30344
- Robert F. Fulton Ocee Library: 5090 Abbotts Bridge Road, Johns Creek, Ga. 30005
- Milton Library: 855 Mayfield Road, Milton, Ga. 30009
- East Roswell Branch Library: 2301 Holcomb Bridge Road, Roswell, Ga. 30076
- Roswell Branch Library: 115 Norcross St., Roswell, Ga. 30075
- North Fulton Service Center (Room 232): 7741 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, Ga. 30350
In DeKalb County, early voting opens Nov. 27 through Dec. 3, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, there will be no voting Dec. 2 and Dec. 4. There are two voting locations, according to the county website:
- DeKalb County Voter Registration & Election’s Office: 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur, Ga., 30032
- Bessie Branham Recreation Center: 2015 Delano Drive NE, Atlanta Ga. 30317