HR Administrative Coordinator (front desk)
WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
HR Administrative Coordinator (front desk)
The HR Administrative Coordinator demonstrates excellence, competence, collaboration, respect, accountability and ownership while performing clerical tasks and HR office/recruiting support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to greeting all incoming guests, answering calls coming through the main phone line and assisting with administrative support. This position will be responsible for creating detailed reports, assisting with administrative functions, calendaring, analysis, and essential HR support.
This is an in-office position reporting on-site Monday-Friday (8:30 am – 5:30 pm).
- Answer and manage WABE’s main phone line in a polite and professional manner, accurately take messages and direct calls as necessary
- Greets, checks-in and directs visitors of the station in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner
- Communicates regular programming and membership related information
- Organizes meetings by calendar management, sending reminders, preparing meeting space and arranging refreshments or meals when necessary
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents, and reports
- Assists in the coordination of travel arrangements and creates trip itineraries
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail and manages shipping
- Assists in the expense management system (Concur) and maintains receipts
- Maintains upkeep of conference rooms and break room spaces
- Assists Sr. Station Coordinator with vendor management
- Coordinates, plans and prepares for staffing events/gatherings (catering, supplies, set-up and breakdown)
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Provides administrative support for HR department
- Assists in the recruiting efforts by posting jobs (post, track, and record keeping), scheduling interviews, coordinating career fairs, and preparing materials
- Assists HR with on-boarding and off-boarding processes, along with other HR admin tasks
- Schedules and plans meetings and events as needed
- Assists with HR events (set up, food, break down, scheduling, and communications)
- Assists the HR Generalist with internship program
- Helps to manage HR communication (SharePoint, social media, internal communications)
- Assists and helps in the coordination of the stations’ emergency preparedness planning and systems
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and Education Requirements
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum 5 years administrative or HR experience
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 2+ years related experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint)
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Punctual, professional appearance and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be customer service driven with excellent phone etiquette.
- Possession of strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, i.e., note taking, writing, editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with callers and in-person guests.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with the administrative team.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise and tact.
- Possesses ability to be watchful, analyze, anticipate and act quickly with good judgement.
- Ability to demonstrate and observe confidentiality, discretion, and or privacy of information is a must.
|Customer/Client Focus||Detailed Oriented||Problem Solving/Analytical|
|Project Management||Team Orientated||Creative|
Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter and learner. Must be able to operate with flexibility, remain calm under pressure, be proactive and be results oriented. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 10 lbs.), filing documents, climbing, storing equipment, and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.