Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
The Membership Services Intern will assist in activities related to customer service, data management and analysis, and revenue reporting at a dynamic NPR and PBS affiliate within a tight-knit and results-oriented fundraising team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thank members for their contributions via phone and email and respond to membership requests, including activating Passport streaming services, processing payments, and trouble-shooting.
- Enter data into and run reports from the station’s Customer Relationship Management system as requested.
- Collaborate with Major Gifts and Mid-Level giving staff to upload member preference data into the CRM that can be used to target membership communications.
- Build member outreach emails in Constant Contact and help track response rates and data analytics.
- Help to analyze return on investment results of direct mail and telemarketing vendors and provide support to other membership services staff as needed to manage those relationships.
- Devise spreadsheets and analytical tools as needed to track data trends.
- Lead special projects as requested.
- Training on on-air pitching (radio and TV) available to interested candidates.
Qualifications/Work Experience Requirements:
Pursuing Bachelors’s or Graduate Degree in one of the following areas: Business Management, Engineering, Non-Profit Management, or other fields with a strong analytical curriculum.
Candidate Should Possess the Following Skills:
- Have strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently.
- Be team-oriented and have the ability to take/execute directions well.
- Experience or interest in fundraising.
- Capacity to multi-task and the ability to prioritize across multiple projects.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel required; database, CRM, and Constant Contact experience highly desirable).
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of WABE and ATL PBA.
- Be able to provide a minimum of a 3-month or one-semester commitment.
Availability and Reporting:
10-20 hours a week. Ability to remotely join at least one team meeting per week (Monday, Wednesday or Friday) and access to reliable wifi in order to telework. Reports to Director, Membership Services.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.