Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Reporting to the Director of Membership Services and working in close collaboration with the Director of On-Air Fundraising and Strategic Initiatives, The Premiums Manager will manage all aspects of the premium program in order to maximize net revenue for the organization and ensure a high rate of member satisfaction with premium fulfillment. This position acts as point of contact with all premium vendors and identifies, orders, distributes, and tracks premiums for Radio and TV pledge drives. This position requires highly effective internal team communication and coordination with the member services team in the development department.
This position is responsible for account management and pricing negotiations with vendors, monitoring price points, ensuring accurate data entry and detailed review of invoices. The Premiums Manager will collaborate with the On-Air Pledge Coordinator in the development and execution of outreach plans when pledge event logistics change (including pledge event dates, locations, directions and also pledge event cancelations requiring a team-wide response and refunds).
- Drive TV and Radio pledge net revenue by managing premiums, pledge concert ticket execution; creating ticket lists, making seat assignments, mailing tickets, and working with the development team to confirm delivery with donors.
- Maintain accurate records within team databases of premium pricing, purchases, and fulfillment, including coordinating with fulfillment vendors regularly.
- Import and export premium data into electronic systems, including verification procedures to ensure quality control.
- Manage member communications related to premiums.
- Support systematic execution of refunds, and seek to minimize losses to net revenue when event cancellations occur.
- Provide top-notch customer service, ensuring prompt, accurate and personal response to member inquiries regarding premiums, payments, gifts, and matching gifts, coordinating with member services staff members in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are documented and executed.
- Perform special projects as needed to improve member service process management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years database management experience.
- Significant knowledge of CRM interface operations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in fund-raising environment preferred.
- Evidence of strong customer service and account management skills.
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Public Broadcasting Atlanta.
- Consistent and strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Impeccable time management skills and strong sense of urgency when issues arise.
- Proven ability to trouble-shoot and work with vendors to swiftly resolve issues.
- Demonstrates strong database management skills.
- Track record of transparency and willingness to surface problems to management quickly and effectively to ensure best team outcomes.
- Team player able to adapt to changing conditions and eager to support other team members o assure overall team success.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 15lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org