“City Lights with Lois Reitzes” is a program with a focus on the Metro-Atlanta arts and culture community. “City Lights” explores the ways in which people express themselves creatively. In addition to a wide range of music, “City Lights” covers theater, dance, pop culture, visual arts and more. WABE has long been a partner with many organizations in Atlanta and through “City Lights” we deepen those relationships to serve our community with even greater arts and cultural content.
Oversee all aspects of production for daily arts/culture talk program. Lead and supervise producers. Ensure program consistently meets the highest journalistic standards of fairness and professionalism. Coordinate production of online content with digital team.
* With input of Program Host, serves as the leader of the program, with external focus and functions
* Communicates the vision of the program to the staff and collaborates with other departments
* In conjunction with the Host, responsible for the program’s overall tone and balance
* Consistently assess the program’s content and priorities
* Ensure each day’s broadcast is of the highest standards and quality
* Work closely with the Host/Executive Producer in making content and editorial decisions.
* Supervise production and presentation of program’s online and social media content
* Make daily and longer-term assignments, alongside the Host/ Executive Producer
* Originate story ideas for the program and produce segments
* Produce in-the field reports and features to air in daily program
* Line produce live broadcast of the program
* Maintains/plans calendar of program content
* Assigns tasks to producers
* Develop and produce special programs and remote broadcasts
* Cultivate sources at publishing houses, local universities, government agencies, community organizations, media outlets, arts community and others
* Collaborate with Operations on engineering and equipment issues
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Ability to produce programs that meet NPR standards
* Proven ability to contribute to a positive, diverse, creative, high performance culture Leadership and personnel skills
* Ability to evaluate content/quality/sound and act decisively with sound management
* Ability to think and plan strategically
* Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and represent program internally and externally
* Ability to maintain high journalistic and production standards under deadline pressure.
* Digital Editing skills (Adobe Audition or other)
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong research skills
* Ability to deal with a broad variety of complex projects and assignments
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Click here to apply online.