Sr. Station Coordinator
WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Working for both the President & CEO & the Chief People Officer, the Sr. Station Coordinator work in support of executive administration, vendor management, and human resources support. The role is responsible for effectively managing responsibilities that often require being trusted with complex duties and sensitive information. A critical component of this role is to provide high-quality vendor management, administrative/ clerical assistance and making sound business decisions. This role also serves as a link between the CEO and the rest of the staff, and to contribute to better organization and planning, along with helping the CEO to be more effective in their role.
The Sr. Station Coordinator’s main duties include vendor management, support of HR processes, prioritizing correspondence, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, and organizing daily calendars. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. Our ideal candidate also has previous experience in Office Management and as an Executive Administrative Assistant and understands that a number of responsibilities require confidentiality and a high level of professionalism.
This is an in-office position Monday- Friday, during normal business hours.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Assists w/vendor management (Water bottles, Landscaping, Electrical, Plumbing, Cleaning, Gates, Fire Safety, HVAC, Copier, Meter-machine) w/Chief People Officer
- Reviews agreements and requests proposals for services
- Manages mailroom organization and copier maintenance
- Manages office supply ordering
- Assists with expense management for CEO and HR department
- Maintains upkeep of conference rooms/break rooms
- Assists with HR scheduling as needed (meetings/interviews/events)
- Assists with HR recruiting, onboarding/offboarding processes as needed
- Assists with HR events (set up, food, break down, scheduling, communications)
- Assists and works with HR Administrative Coordinator at front desk
- Assists and backs up HR Administrative Coordinator- weekly staff communication
- Backs up HR Administrative Coordinator with mail/shipping duties
- Schedule and provide assistance for all AETC Board and Committee meetings
- Assist the President & CEO in preparing reports
- Compile and distribute Board and Executive Committee briefing packages
- Prepare minutes for Board meeting and gather committee notes
- Ensure CPB compliance related to open meetings for Board and Committee meetings
- Coordinate meetings with department heads and AETC Board members
- Maintain filing records for all critical AETC correspondence
- Managing the executive’s day-to-day calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Coordinates Board and Committee meetings/Sets up/breaks down
- Maintains Board service records and contact info
- Maintains Board portal and updates website w/meeting dates and maintains back-up support
- Perform various functions of a routine nature (such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications)
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing refreshments or meals when necessary
- Answering incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately taking messages
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents, and reports
- Coordinating travel arrangements and create trip itineraries
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school education required and at least (7) seven years of experience as an office manager and/or executive administrative assistant
- Must have experience successfully managing projects and vendors
- Must have superior and proven writing capabilities, as well as correct grammar knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to type at least 45 WPM, with good computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be able to multi-task, be prompt, professional, goal oriented, and able to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, pay close attention to detail, problem solve and make solid business decisions
- Must be good with technology and be a self-starter
- Ability to act as gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or
stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 20 lbs.), filing documents,
recording equipment, laptop, or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical