IRA Charitable Gift
You can make a big difference at WABE and reap the advantages of making a gift from your traditional or Roth IRA via a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) or Charitable Rollover. If you are 70½ or older and own an IRA or Roth IRA, a charitable rollover may be right for you.
How Do I Benefit?
- Tax Savings. You can donate up to $100,000 per year from your IRA to WABE and exclude the amount of your gift from your federal gross income (a $200,000 exclusion may apply to married taxpayers filing a joint return).
- RMD. Your IRA donation will count toward your required minimum donation (RMD) for the current year. (As of 2020, individuals must take RMDs starting at age 72.)
- Deduction Limits. A qualified charitable distribution can be especially helpful for those who have reached their limit on itemized charitable deductions.
- Membership Benefits. A charitable rollover gift may count towards giving circle memberships such as the WABE Cornerstone Society.
How Do I Make A Distribution?
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to WABE.
- Request that your IRA manager include your contact information with the check. Your IRA manager cannot identify your gift to WABE without your permission.
- Confirm your distribution. Your charitable IRA rollover gift should be transferred to WABE directly. Our formal business name, mailing address and Tax ID number are listed below:
Attn: Glenda Davis, VP Membership Operations
740 Bismark Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
Tax/EIN Number: 58-2126423
Notify Us of Your Gift
In order to ensure that all qualified charitable distributions are properly credited for tax and membership purposes, please contact us when you are preparing to make a transfer and provide us with your current contact information.
For assistance—or to notify WABE of an incoming distribution—please contact Glenda Davis, VP Membership Operations, at gdavis@Wabe.org or (678) 686-0308.