Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
The Sr. Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing strategic marketing initiatives aimed at promoting Public Broadcasting Atlanta’s brands, content, fundraising efforts, and other aspects of its community and funder-facing identity. Additionally, the SVP will lead communication efforts with the media and strategic partners. The SVP will add their expertise to the organization’s senior leadership, working closely to provide guidance and drive all marketing and communication activities.
- Bring creative vision to implement effective and strategic modern marketing practices that include customer lifecycle and funnel management, with an emphasis on digital marketing expertise.
- Ensure marketing and communications efforts are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives, and meet organizational goals in collaboration with Underwriting, Development, and Content platforms.
- Build, develop, and manage an integrated marketing team capable of carrying out a variety of marketing, communications, and business tactics across marketing functions.
- Build and implement a process to easily track, measure, and analyze the performance of all owned and paid PBA channels and platforms, including identifying performance benchmarks and channel goals.
- Serve as organization lead for public relations, collaborating with other leaders in the broader public broadcasting organization and working with senior staff to develop affiliations and partnerships.
- Oversee and direct audience analysis and segmentation, market research, competitor analyses, customer/member service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives. Support development department on targeted member communications strategies, including pledge drives.
- Collaborate with development department to leverage best practices and data to meet fundraising goals.
- Manage marketing services department, including development and distribution of all marketing collateral.
- Owner of overall strategic marketing calendar, including the implementation any brand, PR, or advertising campaigns, and digital and community events.
- Take part in CRM assessment to determine effectiveness of data analysis for the purposes of fulfilling revenue growth and audience awareness through marketing efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have a successful track record in previous employment. MBA is preferred, but not required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experienced in analyzing and making data-driven decisions. Must be very organized with strong attention to detail. Ideal candidate will also be analytical with solid judgment. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Team Work Orientation
- Project Management
- Presentation Skills
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 10 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.