Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Summary: Temporary Premiums Coordinator (8 Week Assignment)
The PBA development team is seeking a temporary employee to support its premium program (thank you gifts for members). Reporting to the Director, Membership Services and working closely with the Director of On Air Pledge and Strategic Initiatives, this position will manage key aspects of the premium program for period of 8 weeks. This position will coordinate and monitor the work of vendors that provide customer fulfillment, premiums support staff on our customer relationship management system (Allegiance), and vendors setting up donor contribution landing pages where premiums are offered.
This position requires experience managing data base systems, the ability to multi-task and to learn and navigate systems quickly. It also requires highly effective communication and coordination skills and a strong customer service orientation. This position will take the lead on ensuring strong team coordination, strong vendor performance, and a seamless donor experience through the upcoming TV on air pledge drive and preparing for the spring radio on air pledge drive. Key duties are listed below.
Backend and Customer Service:
- Premium Related Customer Service Responses & Internal/External Donor Communications.
• Provide donors with status updates on premiums orders.
• Lead donor outreach (Emails and Phone Calls) projects for updates & changes on upcoming pledge concerts.
- Create or check validity of Premium & Item Codes in Database (Allegiance).
- Fulfill New York Times Subscriptions.
- Serve as internal team liaison and external vendors to communicate premium needs & updates.
- Track Premium Inventory.
• Order new premiums as needed.
• Track Costs for Premium Orders.
- Special data cleanup projects as needed.
TV Pledge Drive Vendor Coordination and Data Management:
- Provide Program Details to Sarah Tron at Allegiance so that she can Add New Program Premiums and Item Codes in PODS and import into Allegiance.
- Ensure quality and functionality of TV Pledge web donation pages.
- Run test transactions in all donation forms for the TV drive.
- Assist On Air Pledge Director to launch and track “Text To Give” system and tracking QR codes.
- Assist On Air Pledge Director with trip Sweepstakes preparation.
- Set and test up donation pages for We Did It landing pages (with support from team members).
- Follow up on TV pledge premiums & incentives fulfillment.
Spring Radio Membership Drive:
- Inventory – work with vendors and internal team to determine accurate count of existing Radio premiums in stock.
- Follow up on radio pledge premiums & incentives fulfillment.
- Coordinate new T-Shirt order with pledge team, designer, production vendor and fulfillment vendor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or additional fundraising training desirable.
- Experience working with databases.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- 2-3 years’ applicable experience.
- Excellent phone etiquette and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to change course.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative and be a strong team player.
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays, with occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Average of 30 hours per week.
Majority of work will be remote and may require means to attend to/briefly pick up merchandise.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives).