WABE Car Donation Program
Ready to let go of the old car in your driveway? Support the public radio programming you love by donating your car to WABE. WABE proudly partners with the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to accept your car, truck, motorcycle, boat, or RV donation. The best part? You’ll receive a tax deduction while supporting your favorite Atlanta public radio station.
How to Donate a Car in Atlanta
- Go online or call 877-215-0227 to fill out the car donation form. We’ll ask for information about your car and where it’s getting picked up.
- A local towing agent will contact you within 2-3 business days to arrange a pick up time for your car.
- After your car is sold, you’ll be emailed a tax receipt for your vehicle donation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Where can I donate my car in Georgia?
Answer: WABE provides the Metro Atlanta Area community with content through the form of radio shows, podcasts, and television programs. The proceeds from your car donation will be reinvested in the Atlanta, Georgia community in the form of fact-checked journalism and programs.
Question: What types of vehicles are accepted?
Answer: We can accept almost all types of running and non-functioning cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, heavy machinery and other motorized vehicles. There are exceptions for vehicles whose value is less than the cost of towing. If you have questions about what you can donate, give us a call at 877-215-0227.
Question: How will my car be picked up?
Answer: A local tow agent will call you within two to three business days to schedule your vehicle pick up. Your car will be picked up by a licensed tow company at no cost to you.
Question: How much money from the sale of my donation goes to WABE?
Answer: Many charity car donation programs promise to help the charities but are run by third-party processors that return very little to the charity. Our partners at Advanced Remarketing Services return 75-80% of the gross selling price for your car donation back to WABE, the highest of any vehicle donation program!
Question: Will I get a tax receipt for my donation?
Answer: Within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle, you will receive an email with a tax receipt that includes:
- The gross selling price of your car, if sold for greater than $500.
- Vehicle year, make, model, and VIN.
- A statement that the vehicle was sold at arms-length between two unrelated parties.
- A statement that no goods or services were received in return for your donation.
If your car sells for over $500, you may deduct the full selling price of the car. If your car sells for $500 or less, you can deduct $500 or your car’s fair market value, whichever is less.
For more answers to your WABE car donation questions, visit our full FAQ page