WABE is Everywhere Telling Atlanta About Its News Coverage & Storytelling
“WABE EVERYWHERE” campaign leverages community love and digital strategy to reach new audiences coming out of the pandemic
WABE, Atlanta’s choice for NPR (WABE 90.1FM) and PBS (Channel 30), announced the launch of its new “WABE EVERYWHERE” campaign in market now through December 2022. The paid/owned/earned media campaign showcases how WABE’s impactful, independent news coverage and inclusive, Atlanta-focused storytelling are easily accessible to all via radio broadcast, smart-speaker and digital streaming, television, mobile app or online at wabe.org.
The ”WABE EVERYWHERE” campaign runs now through December and includes:
- Paid digital ads promoting WABE’s award-winning storytelling and “Amplifying Atlanta” message (online video, display, social and search)
- Grassroots, out-of-home activation featuring 200+ custom WABE -branded yard signs designed by Atlanta artists Sean Fahie, Christina Ward and India Nabarro
- #WABEEverywhere social content created by WABE super fans and community influencers
- WABE EVERYWHERE social sweepstakes with monthly #AmplifyingAtlanta prizes, now through Dec. 21 (wabe.org/everywhere)
- Limited-edition WABE EVERWHERE swag giveaways at WABE and partner events
“Our goal with the WABE EVERYWHERE campaign is reminding metro Atlanta that trusted news and information and content authentically reflecting and connecting its communities are available free, 24/7, through WABE’s broadcast and digital channels,” said Sherri Daye Scott, senior vice president of marketing and communications at WABE. “We want to grow WABE’s audiences across platforms, so all of Atlanta benefits from the award-winning work of our reporters and local creators.”
Developed with Atlanta-based multicultural agency One50One, “WABE EVERYWHERE” represents the station’s first significant investment in paid marketing in almost five years. It comes on the heels of the station’s 2022 rebrand, which consolidated public-radio station WABE-90.1, public television station ATL-PBA and WABE.org under one umbrella WABE brand. Local branding agency Matchstic led the rebrand design and messaging work.
Woman-owned agency Vaugh Harlow leads media planning and buying for the 14-week paid-media campaign.
“WABE charged us with expanding awareness of its community-funded approach to national and local news reporting, evoking FOMO among audiences looking for unbiased information and reinforcing the station’s value to the region it serves, said A. Troy Brown, president at One50One. “Our digital work paired with the incredibly creative designs from Sean, Christina and India cuts is intended to cut through the clutter to drive home WABE’s Amplifying Atlanta message.”
Follow WABE at @wabeatl or visit wabe.org/everywhere for more campaign and sweepstakes details.
About the WABE EVERYWHERE Artists
- Sean Fahie— Old Fourth Ward–based multi-disciplined artist with a concentration in graphic design, illustration, and creative writing/storytelling
- Christina Ward—Atlanta-born and-bred artist dedicated to influencing positive change on a local, community level, as well on a broader, global scale
- India Nabarro—Local creator of content for social sharing and beyond, from memes to experiences to merch.
WABE, formerly Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA), operates public media stations WABE (90.1FM) and WABE TV (PBS 30), Atlanta’s original, independent, non-profit sources for news and local stories and choice for NPR and PBS. Our stations deliver fact-based journalism and inclusive, engaging, cultural content that informs, inspires, reflects, and empowers the millions who call the Greater Atlanta area home. WABE’s programs, podcasts, and events make Atlanta’s stories and storytellers accessible and relevant across a variety of platforms for our diverse audience of listeners, viewers, visitors, and members. Go to www.wabe.org for additional information.