Associate your business or nonprofit organization with NPR and local news on WABE FM 90.1, as well as award-winning PBS programming on WABE TV, when you sponsor programs matched to your needs.
Sponsorship messages on WABE provide a way to reach Atlanta’s most discriminating audiences.
Are your desired listeners professionals, corporate decision makers or college graduates? Are they parents, children or seniors? WABE has programming that attracts these unique and diverse audiences.
Check out the following facts:
WABE 90.1FM is
- Atlanta’s #1 ranked radio station during morning drive time with affluent, college educated adults.*
*Source: Atlanta Scarborough R2 2020 – Jul’19-Jul’20
WABE TV is
- Atlanta’s source for award-winning PBS & BBC programming including “Finding Your Roots”, “Antiques Roadshow”, “Masterpiece” and another quality PBS kids show “Curious George.”
- The media outlet designed to enrich the lives of all Atlantans through quality programs and education services that inform, enliven and entertain.
- A local, vital and trusted community service.
VP of Underwriting & Corporate Support
WABE 90.1 FM and WABE TV – Underwriting Copy Guidelines
WABE 90.1 and WABE TV will work with you to create an underwriting announcement that meets your needs and adheres to designated FCC guidelines for public radio and television.
Underwriting announcements are strictly for the identification of the sponsor, their products and services, and cannot specifically promote these products and services.
Dos and Don’ts for Underwriters
- Establish your organization’s name and location
- Describe your main products and services
- Include a telephone number or website
- Mention well-established, recognizable corporate slogan
- Make value-neutral statements about your product or service
- Mention how long you have been in business, if you wish
- State that your company or business supports WABE or one of the programs
- Use comparative, qualitative or suggestive language
- Address the usefulness, convenience or advantages of the product or service
- Mention prices, interest rates, or indications of savings associated with product
- Include any use of the first or second person
- Employ inducements to buy, sell, rent, lease, borrow or loan
- Issue any calls to action
- Advocate any matter of public interest
- Use jingles or any language in music
- Produce moving pictures which may be considered promotional or commercial in nature
All underwriting messages are reviewed on a case by case basis by WABE 90.1 and WABE TV.