Christmas is just one week away, and if you still have no idea what to get that certain someone on your shopping list, Mara Davis can help.
Like us on Facebook
The “Atlanta Eats” TV and radio host stopped by “City Lights” to share her picks for local and delicious food gifts:
- Bella Cucina – Owner Alisa Barry first opened a restaurant of the same name in Atlanta in the early ’90s; now, her specialty gourmet foods are sold online and in stores across the country. A pop-up storefront was just opened at the Shops in Buckhead and Davis especially recommends the pesto selections as well as the lemon cream with crostatas.
- Beautiful Briny Sea – Suzi Sheffield’s salt blends are perfect for brines and cooking.
- Batdorf & Bronson Coffee Roasters – There’s a lot of good coffee in town, but Davis’ go-to is a cup from Batdorf & Bronson, served at Dancing Goats Coffee Bars in Washington state and metro Atlanta.
- Malvi – This Cumming, Georgia, business serves up marshmallows, s’mores and cookies that look like they are made with rainbows and magic.
- Pine Street Market – For meat eaters, Davis says its “Meat of the Month” club is a good pick.
- The Spotted Trotter – Another local purveyor of fine meats, The Spotted Trotter is offering a class in butchery.
- Star Provisions – If you’re looking for good cheese, Davis says to head to Star Provisions, now open in its new location on Ellsworth Industrial Boulevard.
- Storico Fresco – This restaurant and retail space offers an “Intro to Pasta” class where you learn about the history of pasta and eat what you make.
- Gift Cards – Just about every restaurant in town offers gift cards, but Davis says make your gift feel a little more special by pairing it with something like a bottle of wine.
- The Atlanta Community Food Bank – And finally, in this season of giving and feasting, you can make a donation in your loved one’s name to a charitable organization like the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
Related story: Mara Davis On ‘Local, Delicious’ Holiday Gift Ideas